Taking Action Getting a Job: Corrosion Technician
Employer name: Columbia Gas of Virginia, Suffolk
Job order number: 291751
Administer and provide technical guidance for the Corrosion Control program for assigned field locations.
- Reviewing technical data and information from plant and service activities to ensure that cathodic protection systems remain effective;
- Designing cathodic protection systems and directing company employees and/or contract crews in their installations;
- Monitoring, evaluating, and repairing existing cathodic protection systems;
- Evaluating the economic feasibility of protecting unprotected piping systems;
- Troubleshooting and ensuring the repair of all types of cathodic protection devices;
- Ensuring that facility data base is maintained through WMS and reviewing WMS corrosion reports and verifying accuracy;
- Administer the assigned field location(s) corrosion control Capital and O&M budgets
- Training personnel in various aspects of corrosion functions.