Job Title: Account Executive
Station: WTKR WGNT TV
Reports to: Local Sales Manager, Sales Manager
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of the Account Executive is to generate growth for the Station in all potential areas.
Core Job Functions:
- Effectively manage an account list with both agency and direct clients
- Develops and successfully executes aggressive territory growth, overcomes obstacles, continuously improves client relationships, enhances profitability and increases revenue by fully leveraging the Station’s unique advantages.
- Accomplishes objectives by building strong relationships, thoroughly understanding the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients, and by finding ways to help them achieve their objective through the effective use of electronic media advertising.
- Ability to discuss and negotiate ratings
- Ability to generate new business revenue
- Represent station in professional manner at all times and possess good presentation skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
This candidate must have excellent verbal and communication skills. Must possess excellent written skills and have basic knowledge of broadcast sales. Ability to type and have some computer skills such as word, excel and power point.
College degree perferred or equivalent but not required and 1-2 years broadcast sales experience.
The ability to operate a computer and business equipment. Candidate must have their own transportation when on sales calls. Vision to enter, review and approve sales proposals and orders.
WTKR WGNT TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer