Reports to: Local Sales Manager, Sales Manager
Purpose/reason for this Position: The primary focus of the Account Executive is to generate growth for the Station in all potential areas.
Core Job Functions:
- Effectively manage an account list with both agency and direct clients
– Develops and successfully executes aggressive territory growth, overcomes obstacles, continuously improves client relationships, enhances profitability and increases revenue by fully leveraging the Station’s unique advantages.
– Accomplishes objectives by building strong relationships, thoroughly understanding the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients, and by finding ways to help them achieve their objective through the effective use of electronic media advertising.
– Ability to discuss and negotiate ratings
– Ability to generate new business revenue
– Represent station in professional manner at all times and possess good presentation skills.
– Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities: This candidate must have excellent verbal and communication skills. Must possess excellent written skills and have basic knowledge of broadcast sales. Ability to type and have some computer skills such as word, excel and power point.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is preferred but not required and 1-2 years broadcast sales experience.
Physical Requirements: The ability to operate a computer and business equipment. Candidate must have their own transportation when on sales calls. Vision to enter, review and approve sales proposals and orders.
Relationships: Departments Local Organizations General Manager Agencies/Advertisers/Buying Agents/Clients Department Heads Vendors
Statement about Other Duties: The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume and references to Local Sales Manager, Bill Rouse (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mail to WTKR/WGNT-TV, 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510, 757 446 1000. WTKR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer