Job Title: Editor/Photojournalist
Station: WTKR TV3 Norfolk, VA
Reports To: News Operations Manager
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of the ENG Editor/ENG Photojournalist is to gather and present stories for all daily newscasts.
Editor Core Job Functions:
- Edit in a Non-Linear format and place files into a rundown for air
- Clearly communicates critical information to Executive Producer/Producer
- Meets with their Producer at the start if their shift to discuss any changes in the show, edit instructions or importing video to our system
- Reports equipment malfunctions or issues
- Edit to script
- Contributes to Web Content
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Photojournalist Core Job Functions:
• Work as a photographer on an assigned daily basis; gathering news stories, by shooting and editing those stories; then archive those stories
• Work with reporters, editors, producers to ensure factual, professional report
• To operate and maintain all assigned ENG equipment. This includes camera, laptop, news vehicle and ENG live vehicles.
• Reports equipment malfunctions or issues
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Experience in news shooting and editing. Knowledge and operations of Final Cut Pro is preferred. Language skills used in writing. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A degree is preferred and/or two years WORK experience.
Dexterity to operate edit and video equipment, telephones. Ability to communicate in office settings. Hearing tapes, telephones, radios, etc. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of gear consisting of videotapes, monitors, tape machines, etc.
INTERNAL CONTACTS: EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
News Director, Assistant News Director News Contacts and Public
Executive Producer, and Chief Editor
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume and references to Kevin Rafferty, Operations Manager, WTKR-TV, 720 Boush St., Norfolk, VA 23510, (757) 446-1371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WTKR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer