Creative Services Senior Writer/Producer
Location: WTKR-TV, WGNT-TV & Antenna TV – Norfolk, VA
Position Title: Creative Services Senior Writer/Producer
Reports to: Creative Services Director
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Creative Services Producer is to assist in positioning three aggressively marketed stations in order to increase their market share.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
1. Conceptualize, write and edit station image promos, proof of performance spots, news series spots and public service announcements.
2. Produce daily topicals for newscasts: to include creative writing, lighting, shooting and editing.
3. Support Sales efforts: produce sales presentations, commercials and billboards.
4. Maintain strong relationships with all departments within the station.
5. Coordinate and assist in station community events, which may include weekends.
6. Produce radio, cable, print and other advertising.
7. Oversee daily episodic production as requested.
8. Perform traffic/logging duties as requested. Provide timely traffic information about spots and target audiences.
9. Must be able to work flexible hours; including nights and weekends.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Understand the concept of branding, cross-promotion and viewer benefit and how to incorporate them into news, programming and sales promotion efforts. Minimum of 2-5 years experience as a creative producer. Final Cut Pro non-linear editing skills required, a high degree of computer skill is required. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines. This is not an entry level position. Must possess the dexterity to operate typewriter, computer, editing systems and other such equipment.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Send resume, non-returnable DVD or other work samples to William Varnier, Creative Services Director, WTKR/WGNT-TV, 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510 or e-mail email@example.com.
WTKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer