WTKR/WGNT TV Internship Program
NewsChannel 3’s internship program provide students interested in a career in broadcasting with a meaningful, hands-on learning experience through internship programs designed to augment classroom study. We will offer four internship sessions per calendar year. The internship program will pay an hourly minimum wage and can also be a college credit. Interns are limited to one internship per calendar year. You will be assigned to one station sponsor for the duration of the internship.
Internship Sessions (limited to one session per calendar year)
- Fall (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – July 15)
- Winter (4-10 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – October 15)
- Spring (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – January 15)
- Summer (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – April 15)
- Must be 18 or older and registered student in good standing at an accredited college or university.
- Must be able to work the hours required by the department.
- Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved.
Our Internship Philosophy
Provide robust, meaningful internship experience, where students energize the workforce with fresh ideas and perspectives and in turn have the opportunity to be inspired by the passionate work that is delivered each day across Tribune Company.
Internship application, letter of recommendations, etc. should be emailed to email@example.com. Once the application is submitted, intern candidates will have a personal interview, and participation in the program will be determined at that time. In addition to completing the below intern application students are required to apply online via Tribune’s career portal at www.tribunemedia.com.
For more information regarding internships at WTKR WGNT TV please contact: