Location: WTKR-TV, WGNT-TV & Antenna TV – Norfolk, VA
Position Title: Creative Services Commercial Producer
Reports to: Creative Services Director
PURPOSE/REASON FOR THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Creative Services Commercial Producer is to create marketing campaigns for advertisers on WTKR, WGNT and Antenna TV.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Collaborate with clients and Sales representatives to generate marketing concepts to achieve the clients’ goals.
- Write, light, shoot and edit commercials.
- Support Sales efforts; produce sales presentations and billboards.
- Maintain strong relationships with all departments within the station.
- Coordinate and assist in station community events, which may include weekends.
- Produce radio, cable, print and other advertising.
- Must be able to work flexible hours: including nights and weekends.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The applicant should possess the ability to work well within a group using market research and creative promotional tactics to produce effective marketing campaigns that generate results for station clients. Minimum of 2-5 years experience as a commercial producer. This position requires knowledge of electronic field production to include camera operation and lighting and editing techniques; Final Cut Pro non-linear editing skills and knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite required. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines. This is not an entry-level position. Must possess the dexterity to operate typewriter, computer, editing systems and other such equipment.
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Send resume, non-returnable DVD or other work samples to William Varnier, Creative Services Director, WTKR/WGNT-TV, 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.