NORFOLK, Va. - It's the question everyone is asking as we approach the big Powerball jackpot drawing.
What would you buy with $700 million?
If you take home the lump sum payout of $314,743,000, you could splurge and donate to great causes. News 3 put together a fun list of local and charitable options for the new multi-millionaire:
- 46,767,161 Orange Crush drinks at Waterman's Surfside in Virginia Beach
- 36,640,628 Classic Combos at Dog-N-Burger in Norfolk
- 11,140, 821 passes to the Virginia Aquarium in Virginia Beach
- 5,245,716 day passes to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg
- Fund daily operations at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for 131 days. It costs $2.4 million each day to care for children fighting cancer at the center. No family has to pay for care while their children are getting treated.
In addition to drinks, food and fun, the Powerball winnings could also buy some luxuries. News 3 was able to get a feel of what money could buy at Charles Barker's Maserati of Virginia Beach.
The new Gran Turismo convertible currently in the showroom comes in at around $160,000. According to the dealership, Powerball winners could afford to buy the entire Italian lineup with the drawing money.
If a new set of wheels or multiple sets of wheels aren't what you want to buy with the winnings, realtors with Howard and Hanna have some homes that may fit your needs. The company is currently selling a home in the Great Neck community of Virginia Beach. It is listed at $1.47 million dollars and comes with waterfront views, a dock and a pool. Winnings would allow for several homes to be purchased with plenty of money left over.
The winning numbers were announced Wednesday night: 7, 26,16, 23, and Powerball 4.