Severe Thunderstorm Watch for parts of the viewing area

Unattended cooking causes Virginia Beach house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Photo courtesy of Virginia Beach Fire)

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Two adults and three children are receiving assistance from the Red Cross after a house fire.

The fire was in the 500 block of Peregrine Street in the Northridge section of the city, fire officials said.

Units saw light smoke coming from the building when they arrived around 2 p.m.

The fire was under control 2:15 p.m.

Firefighters said the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

There were no injuries reported.