Two displaced by kitchen fire in Suffolk home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SUFFOLK, Va. – Two people were displaced after a fire in their Suffolk home on Wednesday morning.

Suffolk Fire & Rescue crews responded to the home in the 6200 block of Pelican View Court around 9:15 a.m.

Crews spotted light smoke coming from the front door, and a small kitchen fire was found.

The fire was quickly knocked down, but the residence sustained smoke damage.

A resident of the home was treated by emergency personnel for smoke inhalation and taken to a local hospital for further treatment.

The cause of the fire was determined to be a heat lamp on the kitchen table.