First Warning Traffic – Traffic alerts and bridge openings for Thursday morning
DOWNTOWN AND MIDTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURES: March 31st to Friday, April 7th
U.S. 58 West: Midtown Tunnel single lane closure Thursday, Apr. 6 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
U.S. 58 East: Midtown Tunnel full closure from Friday, Apr. 7 at 8 p.m. until Saturday night at midnight.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE-CLOSURES REPORT April 2, 2017 through April 8, 2017
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County:
- Segment I: Single-lane closures on Fort Eustis Blvd (VA-105) west at the I-64 interchange for tree trimming work April 3 – 7, from 9:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Segment II:
- I-64 Eastbound: Single-lane closures from before Rt. 199/Humelsine Pkwy (exit 242) to US-60/Busch Gardens (exit 243), April 2-6, starting as early as 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64 Westbound: Single-lane closures from before Yorktown Rd. (exit 247) to after Rt. 199/Humelsine Pkwy (exit 242), April 2-7, starting at 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Jefferson Avenue: Westbound permanent right-lane closure under I-64 for temporary widening continues. One lane will remain open.
- The speed limit is reduced to 55mph in the I-64 work zone in both directions.
- Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
- Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures overnight as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound April 5-6 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 Reversible Roadway, Southside: Full-closure of the Reversible Roadway as follows..
- April 5-6 from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- I-664, Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures overnight as follows on I-664 southbound from 26th Street to Terminal Avenue. One lane will remain open at all times:
- April 6 and 9 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- April 7-8 from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Route 164 (Western Freeway) Eastbound, Portsmouth: Overnight single-lane closure and tentative ramp closures as follows. Only one ramp will be closed at a time, and no ramp will be closed the entire night. Detours will be in place for the ramp closures:
- Western Freeway off-ramp to Towne Point Road closed April 2-6 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- US-17, James River Bridge: Single-lane closures overnight as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Southbound April 2-7 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 Westbound, Peninsula: Alternating-lane closures across all lanes as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- April 3-7 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. starting past Toano (Exit 231-A) and ending before Eltham Road (Exit 220).
- I-564, Norfolk: Single-lane closures as follows. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound April 6 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Runway Tunnel.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector Project: Single-lane closures as follows, extending approximately one-half mile between I-564 Chambers Airfield Tunnel at Naval Air Station Norfolk and the I-564/SR 406/Terminal Boulevard-Hampton Boulevard exit. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound April 3-7 from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Westbound April 3-7 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For more information on the I-564 Intermodal Connector, please visit I564intermodal.com.
- I-95 Meherrin River Bridge Project, Greensville County: Alternating-lane closures across all northbound lanes as follows from before Exit 8 (Route 301/Skippers Road) and continuing through Exit 11 (Route 58/West Atlantic Street). Both ramps and one lane will remain open at all times:
- April 3-6 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Courtland Interchange Project: U.S. 58, Southampton County: Consecutive, alternating-lane closures eastbound and westbound on U.S. 58 between Old Bridge Road (Route 742) and Shady Brook Trail (Route 650). One lane will remain open at all times:
- April 3-7 from 6 a.m. to noon.
- Route 31 (Jamestown Road), James City County: Alternating-lane closures have reduced traffic to one lane in both directions with flagging operations on Route 31 between the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry dock and Route 199 (Humelsine Parkway).
- April 2-6 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk:
- Military Highway northbound on-ramp to I-64 westbound is closed through April 16. A detour to the Robin Hood Road on-ramp is in place.
- Alternating single-lane closures April 2-8 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Military Highway between Valley Drive and Lynn Street.
- Princess Anne Road between Sigmon Street and the intersection of Military Highway.
- Northampton Boulevard between the intersection of Military Highway and past USAA Drive.
- Robin Hood Road between Military Highway and Miller Store Road.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.