Three adults, one child displaced after Newport News fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – Three adults and a child were displaced after a fire Thursday evening.

Fire officials said the fire was in the 100 block of Pocahontas Drive around 6 p.m.

When crews arrived they found smoke coming from the front door.

The building suffered fire damage in the kitchen area and smoke damage throughout and was condemned.

Fire officials said the fire was caused because of unattended cooking.

There were no injuries reported.