VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - The Beach Bags program provides shelf-stable meals and healthy snacks to VBCPS students who might otherwise go hungry on weekends or during school vacations.
Thursday, March 23, you can donate food for the Beach Bags program at various locations in Virginia Beach.
News 3 is partnering with Virginia Beach Public Schools, Southern Bank, Pembroke Mall, and Virginia Beach Education Foundation in collecting items such as:
- Individual-sized cereal boxes or oatmeal
- 8-ounce servings of shelf-stable milk
- Individual-sized meals (ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, chunky soups, etc.)
- 4-ounce or larger fruit cups
- 100% juice boxes
- Snack items (granola bars, pudding cups, pretzels, trail mix, snack crackers, etc.)
- Monetary donations will also be accepted
You can drop off donations at the following locations on March 23 from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Pembroke Mall (Kohl’s parking lot behind Walgreens), 4554 Virginia Beach Blvd
- Southern Bank, 1756 Laskin Road