First Warning Traffic for Thursday – Wind restrictions, road work and closures
CBBT under level two wind restrictions. Wind gusts up to 47 MPH. No one allowed to cross with any exterior cargo, towing anything, buses or campers trailer or riding a motorcycle at this time.
Berkley Bridge 9:00 AM
ERT WEEKLY CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE / MIDTOWN TUNNEL CLOSURE Friday, Feb. 24 to Friday, Mar. 3
I-264 East: Downtown Tunnel open with a single lane closure Monday through Wednesday, Feb. 27 – Mar. 1 from 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning
I-264 West: Downtown Tunnel open with a single lane closure Thursday, Mar. 2 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
U.S. 58 East: Midtown Tunnel full weekend closure from Friday, Mar. 3 at 8 p.m. until Monday, Mar. 6 at 5 a.m.
U.S. 58 East: Single lane closure north of London Boulevard Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 28 and Mar. 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
VA 164 East/West: Single lane closure in each direction Thursday and Friday, Mar. 2 and 3 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES REPORT February 24, 2017 through March 3, 2017
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County:
- Segment I: Fort Eustis Boulevard right-lane closure under I-64, March 1 – 2 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Segment II: There will be single-lane closures and traffic shifts on I-64 east from Camp Peary (exit 238) to Fort Eustis (exit 250) February 26 – March 3, starting as early as 8 p.m. until as late as 6 a.m. the following morning for installation of barrier walls, pavement marking and sign installation. Ramps will be open.
- The speed limit is reduced to 55mph in the I-64 work zone in both directions.
- Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Single-lane closures on I-564 eastbound and westbound extending one-half mile between I-564 Chambers Airfield Tunnel at Naval Air Station Norfolk to Terminal Boulevard/Hampton Boulevard. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Eastbound February 27-March 3 from 5 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Westbound February 27-March 3 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
- I-564 Westbound, Norfolk: Single-lane closure as follows:
- Runway Tunnel March 2 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures eastbound as follows. One lane will remain open at all times.
- Eastbound February 27 and March 2 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64 Eastbound/Westbound, Southside: Single and dual-lane closures as follows:
- Eastbound single and dual-lane closures February 26 – March 1 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning at Military Highway in Norfolk.
- Westbound single-lane closure March 1-2 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning at George Washington Memorial Highway in Chesapeake.
- I-264 Interchange, Norfolk/Virginia Beach: Dual-lane closures on I-64 westbound:
- Dual-lane closures on I-64 westbound February 26 – March 2 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. from Providence Road to the I-264 Interchange.
- I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel: Alternating lane closures northbound. One lane will remain open at all times.
- February 26-March 1 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
- US-17 James River Bridge: Single-lane closure southbound as follows. One lane will remain open at all times.
- February 26-March 3 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-264 Berkley Bridge, Norfolk: Single-lane closure westbound as follows:
- March 4 from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection, Norfolk: Alternating single-lane closures February 26-March 4 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. One lane will remain open at all times.
- Military Highway between Valley Drive and Lynn Street
- Princess Anne Road between Sigmon Street and the intersection of Military Highway.
- Northampton Boulevard between the intersection of Military Highway and past USAA Drive.
- Robin Hood Road between Ellsmere Avenue and Miller Store Road.
- Courtland Interchange Project: U.S. 58, Southampton County: Consecutive alternating lane closures eastbound and westbound on U.S. 58 between Old Bridge Road (Route 742) and Shady Brook Trail (Route 650). One lane will remain open at all times:
- February 27 – March 3 from 6 a.m. to noon.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.