Space heater to blame for Chesapeake house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Three people are displaced following a fire in the 1300 block of Ormer Road.

The call came in just at 3:48 a.m. Saturday.

When crews arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from the roof of the home.

The fire was under control at 4:10 a.m.

The American Red Cross is assisting the three displaced residents.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be from too many space heaters connected to the same electrical circuit.