Holiday shopping season is upon us.
This year the amount of online shopping is expected to grow even higher, which means so is the opportunity for theft.
'Package Pirates' are people who steal your gifts off your front porch or from your mailbox.
Last year, over 23 million Americans reported that they'd had packages taken from their homes before they were able to open them.
According to the National Retail Federation, online sales are expected to reach almost $117 billion dollars this year.
Don't let 'package pirates' happen to you:
- Make sure you have the tracking number
- Require a signature before the package can be left at your home
- Have deliveries sent to work
- Get an outdoor camera to keep a constant view of your porch
- Use a communal package drop off, like Amazon Locker