Thomas R. Holston (R), running for Virginia Senate in the 1st District
1. Why are you running for office?
I am running because we need a change in Richmond, I want my kid to have a better future.
2. Why should people vote for you?
I want people to know I want to have about ten people I can call when I need to vote on an issue. I am just like them I live paycheck to paycheck. I have an open door policy, anyone can call me anytime and I will talk to them
3. What’s your favorite thing about the area you want to represent?
I like all of the area. We have brush beautiful Williamsburg, all the museums and Jamestown
4. What is the biggest problem your area is facing, how will you fix it?
It is transportation. We have I-64 being enlarged. The Tunnel needs to be added to make it 6 lanes. The traffic congestion is bad, I sat in 2 ½ hours at the tunnel last week.
5. Describe Donald Trump in max 3 words?
Successful, Next President
6. Describe Hillary Clinton in max 3 words?
Liar, Prison, Crooked.
7. What do you do for a living? Why do you do it?
Retired firefighter, I enjoyed the Job, because every day was different. I liked helping people.
8. You’re going to be marooned on a tropical island for a week, you can only bring 1 thing – what is it?
9. What do you think of Colin Kaepernick?
Colin Kaepernick spoke out on police brutality against people of color. That is his right as an American.
10. Would you vote to fund light rail expansion in your area?
11. Will you respect the outcome of the election?
12. Favorite TV Show?
NCIS / Chicago Fire