Parents have one of the toughest jobs there is, so News 3 wants to make life a little easier for moms and dads!
As part of our ongoing ‘Life Hacks’ segment, we’re sharing tips and tricks specifically for parents.
For more life hacks, tune in to News 3 This Morning all week, starting at 5 a.m.!
Here are suggestions parents have shared online:
- Eating Popsicles – We all know kids can get sticky when trying to eat frozen treats. To keep them from getting messy as Popsicles melt, slide a cupcake liner through the Popsicle stick so it catches any drips.
- Reduce how many cups you use – To make cups easily accessible to kids or keep them from asking for a new water cup over and over, attach magnets to the back of a cup so it can stick to the fridge. Just take precautions when using magnets around kids; don’t use them with really little kids who could swallow a magnet if it fell off.
- Helping kids dress themselves – Until kids learn their right from their left, make it a little easier for them to put their shoes on by putting a sticker on the inner edge of both shoes. Your kids will know the stickers should match up when they put their shoes on.
- Removing wet sand – Take baby powder to the beach and sprinkle some on your kids if you need help getting all the sand off them. The powder will remove moisture and allow the sand to more easily brush off.
- Keep sand off your beach blanket – If you want an area that’s free of sand at the beach, use a fitted sheet. Prop up the corners with some large items like a cooler and beach bags.
- Reuse baby wipe containers – Instead of throwing away an empty baby wipe container, use it to pack snacks or toys for trips.
- Sink extender – If your kids are too little to reach the faucet, cut out a hole in an empty shampoo or lotion bottle and place it over the spout.
- Door locks – For little kids who can’t easily open the door or to make it quieter to open doors if you have a baby, put painter’s tape over the door latch.
- Storing clean pacifiers – To store clean pacifiers when you’re on the go, put them in small plastic sauce containers.
- Organize toys with a tackle box – To keep all those little figurines and other toys organized, store them in a tackle box.
- Keep bibs on your high chair – Instead of searching for a bib every time you need one, put a Command Hook on the back of your baby’s high hair to hang bibs so they’re always right where you need them.
- Reuse baby formula containers – If you have formula dispensers that you no longer need, use it for yourself. You can store your protein powder.
- Freeze Capri Suns – News 3 viewer Margie submitted this tip. She says freeze a Capri Sun then cut the top off to make a Popsicle.