Two displaced after house fire in Hampton

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HAMPTON, Va. – A late night fire tore through a home in Hampton Sunday.

Fire officials were called to a home in the 200 block of Watkins Drive just before 11:30 p.m.

All occupants were out of the home when fire crews arrived, having been alerted by the smell of smoke and smoke alarms.

Firefighters initially went into the home to locate the fire but were ordered out as the home’s conditions deteriorated.

The fire was extinguished within 45 minutes of the firefighters’ arrival.

The home sustained heavy fire, smoke and water damage.

The fire was caused by a malfunctioning electrical panel.

One of the occupants of the home had minor burns on his hands but no one else was injured.

Two adults were displaced by the fire.