First Warning Traffic – Monday Traffic and Construction
Centerville Turnpike 8:00 AM
Gilmerton Bridge 9:00 AM, Noon, 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM – M-F Daily – 9:00 AM & 3:00 PM Saturday and Sunday
Coleman Bridge 11:15 AM
VIRGINIA BEACH: Road Work on Indian River Road To Begin Monday the 15th
Virginia Beach Public Works has announced a roadway improvements project on Indian River Road will begin Monday, August 15, 2016. The project will begin at Speed Fentress Bridge and Indian River Road to North Landing Road, and will include milling, paving and pavement marking work.
Crews will be working in the evenings from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. If any daytime work is needed, it will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If any weekend work is needed, the work hours will be from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The project is scheduled to be completed by September 1, 2016.
ERT WEEKLY DOWNTOWN AND MIDTOWN TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION: Friday, Aug. 12 to Friday, Aug. 19
U.S. 58 East: Full weekend tunnel closure from Friday, Aug. 12 at 8 p.m. through Monday, Aug. 15 at 5 a.m.
U.S. 58 East: Full weekend tunnel closure from Friday, Aug. 19 at 8 p.m. through Monday, Aug. 22 at 5 a.m.
U.S. 58 East: Lane closures prior to Port Norfolk exit continues through Friday, Aug. 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
U.S. 58/ London Boulevard East: Off-ramp full closure Monday through Thursday, Aug. 15-18 from 7 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
High Street: Full closure between Constitution Avenue and Confederate Avenue Monday through Sunday, Aug. 15-28 for 24 hours a day.
I-264 East: Single lane closure near Rodman Avenue Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 17 and 18 from 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning.
FULL RAMP CLOSURES SCHEDULED ON I-64 IN HAMPTON
Mercury Boulevard ramp on Interstate 64 for paving operations next week as follows:
The on-ramp from Mercury Boulevard north to I-64 westbound will be closed August 14-August 16, from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
During the Mercury Boulevard on-ramp closure to I-64 westbound, traffic will be detoured as follows:
Motorists will pass the entrance of the closed ramp from Route 258 Mercury Boulevard north to I-64 west. Motorists will continue on Mercury Boulevard north until the N. Armistead Avenue intersection. Motorists will make a right onto N. Armistead Avenue, and then proceed to the I-64 west entrance ramp to complete detour.
HAMPTON ROADS WEEKLY LANE CLOSURES REPORT: August 12, 2016 through August 19, 2016
- I-64 Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel: Single-lane closures westbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound August17-18 from 9 p.m. until as late as 4:30 a.m. the following morning.
- I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel: Alternating lane closures northbound and southbound as follows. One lane will remain open
- Southbound August 14-20 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- Northbound August 16-18 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Northbound August 15-16 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- US-17 James River Bridge: Night-time single-lane closures southbound August 15-19 from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. One lane will remain open to traffic at all times.
- I-64 High Rise Bridge: Single-lane closures as follows eastbound and westbound.. One lane will remain open at all times:
- Westbound August 15-18 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64 Widening Project, Newport News/York County: Single-lane closures eastbound August 15 as early as 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. All work will take place between Jefferson Avenue and Fort Eustis Boulevard, and one lane will remain open to traffic at all times. Please check http://www.i64widening.org/news_information/traffic_alert.asp for the latest closure/detour information.
- Terminal Boulevard Resurfacing, Norfolk: Full weeknight/weekend closures eastbound/westbound as follows:
- Weekend of August 12-14: Eastbound full closure from Friday at 8 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m.
- Weeknights August 16-17: Westbound full closure from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-64 Westbound, Hampton: Night-time single-lane closures August 14-18 from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning from Magruder Boulevard to Mercury Boulevard. One lane will remain open at all times. There will be one ramp closure as follows:
- The on-ramp from Mercury Boulevard north to I-64 westbound will be closed August 14-16 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
- I-664 Northbound, Newport News/Hampton: Night-time lane closures August 14-18 from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning from 35th Street to Abderdeen Road. Two lanes will remain open at all times.
- I-64 HOV Reversible Roadway, Norfolk: HOV Reversible Roadway will be closed August 16 from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- US-13 (Lankford Highway), Northampton County: Daytime single-lane closures northbound and southbound between Onley and Painter. One lane will remain open at all times:
- August 15-19 from as early as 6 a.m. until as late as 7:30 p.m.
- Route 301 Sussex Drive, Greensville County: Consecutive left northbound lane closure for bridge replacement June 23 through late summer on Route 301.
- Elizabeth River Tunnels/Martin Luther King, Jr. Freeway: Please check Elizabeth River Tunnels website for the latest closure and detour information regarding the Downtown Tunnel, Midtown Tunnel and the MLK Freeway.
- I-564 Intermodal Connector, Norfolk: Please check http://www.i564intermodal.com/ for the latest closure/detour information.
- George Washington Memorial Highway (Route 17), York County: Crews are widening the road between Route 630 (Wolf Trap Road) and Route 706 (Hampton Highway). Daytime single-lane closures, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. and weeknight single-lane closures, from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect traffic shifts and delays. For more about this project, please visit the Route 17 Widening website
NORFOLK: Military Highway Continuous Flow Intersection work, single lane closures northbound and southbound. One lane will remain open at all times:
August 8-26: Consecutive single-lane closures northbound and southbound on Military Highway between Robin Hood Road and the intersection of Military Highway/Northampton Boulevard.
CHESAPEAKE ROAD WORK: Battlefield Blvd/Medical Pkwy intersection closures Monday, July 11 through September
Public Utilities will close various lanes at the Battlefield Blvd and Medical Pkwy intersection over the next 10 weeks for the replacement of water and sewer lines in the area. Next week the right-turn lane on Medical Pkwy will be closed.