Holiday Helpers: Join us in making the holidays bright for local kids!

Fire in Chesapeake motel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
firetruck

Chesapeake, Va- At 6:49 pm, firefighters were called to a fire at the Budget Lodge in the 3200 block of Western Branch Blvd.

Crews arrived five minutes later and found a dryer on fire inside a utility room on the first floor of the two-story motel.

The firefighters got the blaze under control at 6:59 pm.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire appears to be a mechanical malfunction.