A two-year-old is still recovering after her 51-year-old grandma, Cynthia Watson, allegedly spiked her McDonalds sweet tea with methamphetamine.
According to CBS News, the grandmother left the spiked tea unattended when the toddler, unaware of the contents, drank the tea.
It wasn’t until hours later that the mother took her daughter to the hospital after the young girl would not settle down, or sleep, and was very frantic. The mom unaware of the drink or the meth was in shock when the doctors told her what was in her child’s system.
The girl is expected to make a full recovery.
The grandmother was visiting from Oregon, but is now facing child-endangerment charges. She is held on a $35,000 bail and is scheduled to be in court on Wednesday.
By: Charyssa Parent