Chesapeake yet to make decision on postponing July 4th festivities

The City of Chesapeake is hoping the wind and rain from Tropical Storm Arthur will hold off for fireworks Thursday night at Chesapeake City Park.

The city will be waiting until Thursday at noon to make a final call on whether the Celebrate Freedom festivities will be postponed.

The 34th Annual South Norfolk Parade & Picnic in the Park is still on rain or shine unless the city feels there is danger to public safety.

Public Works crews were out Wednesday in flood prone areas near the Elizabeth River tributaries cleaning storm drains in anticipation of the storm.


Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 57,271 other followers