I-64 westbound Military Highway exit to be closed this evening
Norfolk, Va. – VDOT and its contractors will perform refurbishment operations on the Interstate 64 westbound off-ramp at Military Highway (exit 281) on Tuesday, July 1, 2014, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., weather permitting.
The I-64 westbound detour for Military Highway exit 281 follows:
Continue on I-64 westbound, take exit 279B onto Norview Avenue, turn right onto N. Military Highway, and continue on N. Military Highway.
The ramp closure will occur as scheduled unless delayed by weather or other factors. Motorists should be alert for lane closures and alternate routes prior to traveling in the work zone and are advised to check the most current traffic information through the following channels:
• Going to RepaveHR.com for detailed project information and updates
• Watching for VDOT variable message signs and work zone directional signage
• Visiting 511virginia.org, calling 511, and downloading Virginia’s free 511mobile app
• Visiting VDOT’s new portal, virginiaroads.org, for detailed project information, pavement conditions and schedules, and project maps
• Listening to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM
• Calling the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information
• Following Tweets @VaDOTHR