Holiday Helpers: Join us in making the holidays bright for local kids!

Woman flown to hospital after Newport News house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire1 generic

Newport News, Va. – A woman had to be flown to Norfolk General Hospital to be treated for burns and smoke inhalation after a fire at a home in Newport News on Tuesday.

Crews received calls about the fire on Gaelic Court at 5:18 p.m.

They arrived on the scene at 5:23 p.m.

When they got there, they saw heavy smoke coming from the second floor of the home.

The fire was contained to an upstairs bedroom.

A woman was taken to the hospital with burns and smoke inhalation. She was then flown to Norfolk General by Nightingale.

No other injuries were reported.

Officials say this fire was considered accidental.