Suffolk, Va. – Three families are without a home after flames ripped through a Suffolk apartment on Friday night.
Emergency officials received calls about the fire at 7:52 p.m. and units were on the scene moments later.
This happened in the 100 block of Nancy Drive at the Nansemond Square Apartments.
Officials say the fire was in an upstairs apartment in building 700.
Everyone inside of the apartments had already evacuated when crews arrived.
Officials say the fire started in the upstairs apartment and displaced a family of five. A downstairs apartment was also damaged by smoke and water and a family of three was displaced.
A third apartment also had smoke damage and displaced a family of three temporarily.
No one was injured.
The other residents were able to return home.