Holiday Helpers: Join us in making the holidays bright for local kids!

Careless cooking blamed for Hampton house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire1 generic

Hampton, Va. – Three people are without a home after officials say careless cooking caused a fire at a Hampton home on Tuesday.

This happened on May 6th, 2014 on South Sixth Street.

One person was checked out by medics for possible smoke inhalation. No one needed to be transported for further evaluation.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and the other parts of the home sustained smoke damage.

The Red Cross is helping those who are now displaced because of the fire.