IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Dryer overheats, sparks fire in Norfolk home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Norfolk, Va. – Crews responded to a house fire on Ambler Avenue on Wednesday afternoon, according to Battalion Chief Julian Williamson.

A small dryer overheated in the home, officials say. Crews arrived on scene and found light smoke inside the building.

Crews are now clearing the scene.

Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 63,080 other followers