Holiday Helpers: Join us in making the holidays bright for local kids!

Accidental electrical fire destroys Newport News home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
fire

Newport News, Va. – A home in Newport News has been condemned after an electrical fire broke out inside on Wednesday morning. Officials say the fire caused about $15, 000.00 worth of damage.

Emergency crews received calls about the fire from a person passing by at around 11:30 a.m.

This happened in the 1200 block of 29th Street in the Southeast Community.

The fire was under control within 20 minutes.

Officials say the fire was accidental.

They say crews were working on renovations in the home and it was not being lived in at the time. They do not know if anyone has been displaced.