PT Traffic Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Part Time Traffic Assistant
REPORTS TO: Traffic Manager/General Sales Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary function of the Traffic Assistant is to insure accurate and timely preparation of the daily operations log.
1. Coordinate with AE or client to meet deadlines for obtaining advertiser copy instructions.
2. Insert commercial copy per client instructions into station software, correctly reflecting rotation percentages and flight dates.
3. Maintain and organize traffic instructions, beta tapes and DVDs, downloads etc.
4. Prepare daily dub list and diskette.
5. Coordinate with station production and control room to ensure timely delivery of on-air commercial materials.
6. Maintain organized advertiser files through performing clerical functions as needed, filing, organizing etc.
7. Print a daily dub list and bi-weekly or weekly purge list for master control.
8. Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Must be detail oriented.
2. Computer background is a must.
3. Dexterity to operate computer equipment.
4. Previous traffic experience preferred.
5. Telephone communication skills.
6. Knowledge of and ability to understand contracts.
7. Required to work between 20 to 25 hours per week; need to be flexible as it relates to working additional hours as needed to meet deadlines or fill in for vacations and or other situations as needed.
8. Ability to lift 25 lb.
Internal Contacts: All Departments
External Contact: Local Agencies, National Sales Representative and Local TV Stations
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Interested parties should submit tape, resume and references to Cindi Dove, General Sales Manager, WTKR-TV, 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510, 757 446 1000, or e-mail Cindi.Dove@wtkr.com
WTKR/WGNT-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer