TUCSON, AZ (KGUN) – Panic started to set in when Laura Toone desperately needed paramedics, but couldn’t dial 911. She was quickly losing blood after a foster dog she cared for attacked one of her own dogs. When she tried to break it up, the dog bit part of her finger almost clean off.
Toone said she begged her daughters to call 911, but her four-year-old daughters were afraid to touch the phone because it was covered in blood.
She continued to lose blood and was about to pass out when she said her two-year-old son came from the kitchen to bring her a dish towel. She said the boy wiped the blood off himself and proceeded to call his mom’s friend on FaceTime.
Two-year-old Bentley Toone didn’t know how to call 911, but he knew how to FaceTime. In fact, he FaceTimes his mom’s friend Connie Guerrero so often, she usually ignores it.
But this time, Guerrero said something told her that she should answer this call. When she did, she heard Laura screaming.
From there, paramedics were called to help. Bentley even unlocked the door for firefighters when they arrived.
The Toones said they have since taught their three children how to call 911 and what it means. Laura Toone said she is so thankful for her little hero.