Norfolk, Va. – Firefighters responded to a report of a house fire Wednesday evening in the Oakmont section of the city.
Firefighters say the call came in just before 8 p.m. to the 1000 block of Avenue E after two people said they smelled smoke inside the home.
When crews arrived on scene they discovered smoke coming from an electrical wire caused by a short.
Firefighters say there was some damage to the wall where the electrical short was located.
The residents did have family there on scene and did not require any assistance from the Red Cross.