Virginia Beach EMS captain charged with strangulation
A Virginia Beach EMS captain has been charged with misdemeanor strangulation, and is now waiting to learn his future with the department.
Beach police arrested David Baust last Friday.
A spokesman with Virginia Beach EMS says the charges stem from an off-duty incident.
Baust oversees paramedics and has been with EMS for nearly 30 years.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'