Chesapeake man sentenced to life in prison for child sexual abuse
David Joseph Ghi
A 33-year-old Chesapeake man was sentenced to life in prison plus 25 years for Forcible Sodomy, Aggravated Sexual Battery and Custodial Indecent Liberties for the sexual abuse he inflicted on a 6-year-old girl in Virginia Beach on multiple occasions.
David J. Chi pleaded guilty on June 25, 2013. According to the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s office, had this matter gone to trial, the Commonwealth’s evidence would have proven that between September, 2012 and February, 2013, Ghi sexually abused a 6-year-old child known to him on multiple occasions in the city of Virginia Beach. During a tape-recorded conversation between Ghi and the victim’s mother in March, 2013, Ghi admits to the sexual abuse.
Ghi’s sentence for these charges is in addition to a 40-year sentence handed down in Chesapeake for two counts each of Aggravated Sexual Battery, Object Sexual Penetration, and Custodial Indecent Liberties, related to the same victim. He also has a prior conviction for Petit Larceny.
Chesapeake man charged with sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'