Man accused of leading police on chase, slamming into Newport News home
Newport News, Va. – A 21-year-old man in Newport News has been arrested after police say he led them on a chase and slammed into a house over the weekend.
This happened on Sunday a little after 5 p.m. Officers tried to make a vehicle stop on 23rd Street and Orcutt Avenue. They say Donte Lorenzo Solomon failed to stop and when he tried to make a right hand turn onto Chestnut Avenue, he hit a fire hydrant and then hit the home.
Four adults and two kids were inside at the time, but no one was hurt. The residents have relocated temporarily.
Police say Solomon tried to run but he was captured a short distance away.
Solomon has been charged with reckless driving, evade and elude police, leaving the scene of an accident, revoked license, resisting arrest, assault on law enforcement DWI, DWI refusal, and driving with an open container.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery