Update: Suspect arrested in Norfolk homicide
Norfolk, Va. - Police have identified a man found dead early Saturday as 25-year-old Alfonso Creekmore. A 40-year-old woman was arrested Sunday in connection to his death.
His body was found lying in a roadway near the M-Star Hotel in the 7900 block of Shore Drive around 4 a.m.
Creekmore was pronounced dead shortly after police got to the scene.
According to Creekmore’s mother, Eugenia Creekmore, he was just two days away from his 26th birthday.
He was known as Fo to his friends and family and was the father of two boys.
Workers at the hotel told Newschannel 3 their surveillance cameras caught everything on tape. They say a woman hit Creekmore twice with her truck and then took off. They also said detectives got a copy of the tape for their investigation.
She is currently in the Norfolk City Jail with no bond.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home