Update: Suspect arrested in Norfolk homicide
Norfolk, Va. - Police have identified a man found dead early Saturday as 25-year-old Alfonso Creekmore. A 40-year-old woman was arrested Sunday in connection to his death.
His body was found lying in a roadway near the M-Star Hotel in the 7900 block of Shore Drive around 4 a.m.
Creekmore was pronounced dead shortly after police got to the scene.
According to Creekmore’s mother, Eugenia Creekmore, he was just two days away from his 26th birthday.
He was known as Fo to his friends and family and was the father of two boys.
Workers at the hotel told Newschannel 3 their surveillance cameras caught everything on tape. They say a woman hit Creekmore twice with her truck and then took off. They also said detectives got a copy of the tape for their investigation.
She is currently in the Norfolk City Jail with no bond.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million