79-year-old hit after walking into oncoming traffic in Suffolk; Good Samaritan also struck
Suffolk, Va. – Two people were taken to the hospital on Wednesday night after getting hit by vehicles in Suffolk.
Police say the first victim was a 79-year-old man who had walked into oncoming traffic in the 2300 block of Godwin Blvd. near Pruden.
Calls came in about this accident at around 8:18 p.m.
The man, who lives in the area, was hit by a Honda that was driven by a 29-year-old woman.
He was taken to Sentara Norfolk General with non-life threatening injuries.
A woman stopped to help him and she was also hit by a vehicle. She was taken to Sentara Obici Hospital. Police say she had no visible injuries.
Police are still investigating this case.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery