79-year-old hit after walking into oncoming traffic in Suffolk; Good Samaritan also struck
Suffolk, Va. – Two people were taken to the hospital on Wednesday night after getting hit by vehicles in Suffolk.
Police say the first victim was a 79-year-old man who had walked into oncoming traffic in the 2300 block of Godwin Blvd. near Pruden.
Calls came in about this accident at around 8:18 p.m.
The man, who lives in the area, was hit by a Honda that was driven by a 29-year-old woman.
He was taken to Sentara Norfolk General with non-life threatening injuries.
A woman stopped to help him and she was also hit by a vehicle. She was taken to Sentara Obici Hospital. Police say she had no visible injuries.
Police are still investigating this case.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’