79-year-old hit after walking into oncoming traffic in Suffolk; Good Samaritan also struck
Suffolk, Va. – Two people were taken to the hospital on Wednesday night after getting hit by vehicles in Suffolk.
Police say the first victim was a 79-year-old man who had walked into oncoming traffic in the 2300 block of Godwin Blvd. near Pruden.
Calls came in about this accident at around 8:18 p.m.
The man, who lives in the area, was hit by a Honda that was driven by a 29-year-old woman.
He was taken to Sentara Norfolk General with non-life threatening injuries.
A woman stopped to help him and she was also hit by a vehicle. She was taken to Sentara Obici Hospital. Police say she had no visible injuries.
Police are still investigating this case.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave