Man accused of sexual assault at Norfolk elementary school
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Public Schools says a man was charged with sexual assault last Wednesday after police say a student at Bay View Elementary School reported that he had inappropriately touched her on the rear end.
Police say this happened between January 1st and January 31st, but wasn’t reported until last week.
Police responded to the school at approximately 2:00 p.m. and interviewed the girl who stated she had been inappropriately touched by an adult male inside the school.
The suspect, William R. Arney, Sr., 56, was identified by the victim and was arrested on scene and charged with aggravated sexual battery.
The school has already notified parents that a security breach had happened at the school. They provided parents with an update after they were given information from police about the incident.
Arney is out of jail on a $1,000 bond. He is not allowed to have contact with the victim, visit Bay View Elementary, or to be alone with children under 15 except for his own.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation