3 stabbed at an Elizabeth City bar Tuesday
Three people were stabbed during an altercation at an Elizabeth City bar on Tuesday night.
Elizabeth City Police say they responded to Thumpers Bar and Grill located at 200 North Poindexter Street around 2:01 a.m. Wednesday morning after reports of an assault.
An investigation revealed that three members of the U.S. Army were in town for training and decided to go to the bar. While at the bar, they got into a verbal altercation with another patron of the business.
The verbal altercation turned physical as they went outside the bar. During the fight, one of the people involved, identified as Osidis Ayala, pulled out a knife and started swinging it, resulting in the stabbing of three people.
Two males and a female were stabbed — 31-year-old Nicole Pauley, 24-year-0ld Joshua Ledford, and 30-year-old Jeremy Simmons.
All three were transported by EMS for medical attention.
Ayala was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. He was arrested and transported to the Albemarle District Jail on a $15,000 bond.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested