Portsmouth defense attorney accused of assaulting officer, sexual battery
Portsmouth, Va. – Sterling H. Weaver, a defense attorney in Portsmouth has been accused of assaulting an officer and sexual battery.
He was indicted on these charges by a Grand Jury on Thursday.
The well-known, 65-year-old attorney has a law firm in the 600 block of Dinwiddie Street.
They say these charges are from an incident that occurred back on October 25th, 2013.
A Portsmouth Sheriff’s Deputy reported the incident.
Detectives investigated, submitted what they found to the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office and charges were filed.
Police say Weaver surrendered to detectives Thursday evening and is now in the custody of the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery