Chesapeake, Va. – Three people in Chesapeake have been displaced after flames ripped through a duplex in the Indian River area on Tuesday.
Officials say they were called out to the fire in the 2000 block of Speedy Avenue at around 3:18 p.m. They arrived moments later and found smoke coming from the one-story duplex.
Crews had the fire contained to one bedroom and it was declared under control at 3:28 p.m.
They say the fire was caused by a space heater that was too close to combustibles.
No one was injured in this fire and the displaced family has made arrangements for lodging.