Beach home damaged after fire in Kings Grant subdivision
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach fire crews say a home was damaged after a fire broke out in the Kings Grant subdivision on Tuesday.
They were called out to 3844 Prince Andrew Court at around 5:25 p.m.
When they arrived, they found fire coming from the second floor and it extended into the roof area of the home.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control at 5:53 p.m. and it was completely out by 6:02 p.m.
Two people were home at the time.
No one was injured.
Crews say the residents started a fire in the fireplace and this is what caused the fire in the home. It’s considered accidental.
They say the second floor and attic area of the home sustained heavy damage.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words