Newport News mom arrested for DUI with three children in the car
A 30-year-old woman was arrested for DUI Saturday night in Newport News after her vehicle ran off the road. Her three children were in the vehicle at the time of the incident.
Newport News Police say they were dispatched to the area of 48th Street and Roanoke Avenue at 9:41 p.m.
Officers found the vehicle on the south side of 48th Street in bushes surrounding a cellular tower.
The driver, Tuanchai Reynolds, and her three children, a 12-year-old boy, a 9-year-old boy, and a 7-year-old girl, were found in the intersection of the 48th Street and Roanoke Ave.
Medics arrived and cleared the victims.
Reynolds told police she was hit in the intersection around 9:25 p.m. Police say there was an odor of alcohol coming from her.
She was unable to perform field sobriety tests and placed into custody for DUI and three counts of child neglect.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship