Four pilots recovered after Navy jet collision off North Carolina coast

Firefighters respond to kitchen fire in Hampton home

Hampton Fire & Rescue responded to a fire in the 300 block of Agecroft Court on Sunday evening.

Units arrived to find light smoke coming from the front door of the residence. A fire was found in the kitchen. It had been brought under control by the resident using a portable fire extinguisher.

The fire was caused by cooking and was contained to the kitchen cabinets. It was accidental.

There was water and smoke damage throughout the home. No injuries were reported and power was secured to the home.

The family of 2 adults and 2 children did not request assistance from the American Red Cross.

Filed in: News

Suggest a correction

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 57,321 other followers