Chesapeake, Va. – Two people are without a home after a fire damaged a home in the Deep Creek section of Chesapeake.
Firefighters were called about the incident just before 3 p.m. on Friday in the 2300 block of Halyard Lane.
Crews were on the scene in just five minutes and they found heavy smoke and flames coming from a two-story home.
It took less than 30 minutes to bring the fire under control, but the fire and smoke damaged the home and crews say it is now uninhabitable.
They say the fire was caused by a malfunctioning HVAC unit outside of the home.
No one was injured and the two people who were displaced are working with their insurance company for other living arrangements.