UPDATE: Four hospitalized after car strikes home in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police have responded to a report of a car striking a home in the 300 block of Plaza Trail Court in Virginia Beach, according to police dispatch.
The call came in at 11:18 a.m.
The driver of the vehicle was transported to the hospital due to a medical emergency that appears to have contributed to the incident, according to fire officials.
Three other people were also hospitalized.
Two adults inside the home were injured, and one passenger in the vehicle was injured.
Dispatch says there is heavy damage to the dwelling. The power has been secured to the home; the home is now condemned for the evening.
Medical officials say the four people sustained non life-threatening injuries.
The cats and dogs that live in the home will be taken into the custody of Animal Control for the evening.
NewsChannel 3 is working to gather more information; check back on WTKR.com for updates.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship