Early morning kitchen fire displaces family of nine in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – An early morning kitchen fire has displaced a family of nine.
Crews were called to the 6600 block of Brook Avenue around 4:15 Saturday morning. The fire was contained to the kitchen of the one story home and was quickly brought under control.
The Red Cross will be assisting the family of of six children and three adults.
One firefighter had a minor cut to his hand and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’