Chesapeake schools on time, but will release early due to exams
Chesapeake, Va. – All Chesapeake schools will be open Friday, January 24, at the regular start time.
Because of the cold weather and high potential for late bus runs, parents and guardians are asked to ensure that children are dressed properly for very cold weather on Friday, including coats, hats, and gloves. Parents may also want to make sure their child is accompanied at the bus stop until the bus arrives. To accommodate the potential of a late bus and any inconvenience it may cause parents, administrators will open all schools one hour early for parents that may wish to drop their child off at school.
As reported yesterday, both Friday and Monday will be early release days, meaning all schools will release two hours early. High school students will follow Wednesday’s exam schedule on Friday and Thursday’s exam schedule on Monday. Tuesday, January 28 will be a teacher workday (students do not report) and second semester will begin for all students on Wednesday, January 29.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend