What really sparked Richard Sherman’s post-game rant
Richard Sherman. If you didn’t know his name before yesterday, you do now.
The Seattle Seahawks won their playoff game 23-17 against the San Francisco 49ers thanks to a game-saving play by Sherman. In a post-game rant, Sherman spouted off to sports reporter Erin Andrews about being the “best player in the game.” His interview quickly went viral, but not everyone knew what set Sherman off. Until now.
(Story continues after video.)
On Monday, Sherman wrote a commentary about the incident. It started with this:
What a night, and what a finish.
Near midnight I still had about 70 unread text messages from friends and family, most of which read, “Best interview ever!” Many of my Twitter mentions were less supportive. My body ached. I was thrilled and proud and upset, all at once.
Here’s what happened …” Read more here.
Hear more from Sherman below:
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight