USS Cole CMC relieved after investigation into relationship with junior enlisted sailor
The Command Master Chief on the USS Cole, Larry Dean, was relieved of his duties on Thursday.
The Navy says he was relieved as a result of an “unduly familiar relationship” with a junior enlisted sailor aboard the ship.
Following an official command investigation, the USS Cole’s Commanding Officer, Cmdr. Dennis Farrell, found Dean guilty at non-judicial punishment proceedings and relieved him of his duties as the senior enlisted leader on the ship.
Dean has been temporarily reassigned to Commander, Naval Surface Forces Atlantic.
A new CMC for the USS Cole has yet to be determined.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom