Man charged with DUI after hitting 5 pedestrians in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – A 71-year-old man has been arrested and charged with DUI after hitting five people with his vehicle on Tuesday night.
Chesapeake Police say they responded to a vehicle accident involving a pedestrian in the 1900 block of Liberty Street around 8:00 p.m.
While people were helping the pedestrian, a second vehicle, driven by 71-year-old Melvin Glover, came through the area and hit four more people.
The five injured people all suffered non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Norfolk General Hospital and Chesapeake Regional Hospital for treatment.
The Chesapeake Police Crash Reconstruction Team is currently investigating the incident.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study